What can you do on OpenLearn?
You can use this website to:
- browse the subject categories to discover articles, watch videos and interact with features and games created by our academic experts and guest contributors
- explore new topics to build your personal knowledge or look for reference material for a course you are already studying
- join the debates - hit the Comments area on all our pages to make your voice heard, rate how we're doing and share with your friends
- find out What's On TV and radio - great Open University programmes on the BBC
- take one of our free courses
Interactives, games, video, podcasts and articles to grow your learning; along with details of Open University programmes and opportunities to order posters, booklets and more.
OpenLearn is a great place to get an idea of what to expect from university study. With over 700 free courses, spread across a variety of subject areas, we hope you'll find something that interests you.
For most of our undergraduate courses you don’t need any formal qualifications to study with us because we believe anyone keen to succeed should have the opportunity to study.
Don't miss out
- Sign-up for a free OU account to join the OpenLearn community and access more features.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest released content and free courses.
Help us make OpenLearn work for you: The OpenLearn team are conducting a survey to find out more about how people use our free learning content. If you've got a few minutes to spare, please tell us what you think.