Choose Health: Managing long-term conditions
Long-term medical problems can change your life - but you have control....
Long-term medical problems can change your life - but you have control. Could you balance your work and social life with medication regimes? Would you be able to advise a friend?
About Choose Health
In this activity, you'll meet people with three conditions that shape - but don't have to rule their lives.
You'll have the opportunity to explore these conditions from a number of perspectives...
What would your advice be as a friend or carer?
What choices would you make as an 'expert' patient?
If you were in the role of a medical practitioner, how would you guide someone?
Choose a condition, choose a role to play - and then follow through the stories.
At the end, you'll get feedback telling you how you did.
Some choices might be easier than others - and some you face might have no soft option.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Monday, 26th November 2012
Last updated on: Monday, 26th November 2012
- Body text - Creative-Commons: The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Nursing
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Health Studies
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Health Sciences
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Public Health
- Latest pages tagged Arthritis
- Latest pages tagged Diabetes
- Latest pages tagged Medication
- Latest pages tagged Phenylketonuria [pku]
- Latest pages tagged Renal Dialysis
- Latest comments on this page