- 24 chicken ‘oysters’ (6 per serving) - the ‘oyster’ is a piece of chicken which is oyster shaped and sits at the top of the muscle of the leg. Turn over the leg and pop out the oyster muscle, or ask your butcher to do this for you. It’s juicy brown meat.
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- olive oil for coating bread
- 2 Romaine/Cos lettuces, washed
- 1 bottle of your favourite Caesar dressing
- vegetable oil and a knob of unsalted butter for frying
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas mark 6.
- Remove the crusts on a ciabatta loaf and rip off random pieces of bread. In a bowl place enough olive oil to coat the ciabatta croutons lightly. Once coated in oil, place them on a roasting tray in the oven and cook for about 6 minutes, until crispy on the outside but doughy in the middle.
- Remove the outside leaves of the lettuce and place around a serving bowl.
- In a pan heat a little oil and fry the ‘oysters’ until brown and cooked. Fry them first skin down. Add a knob of butter at the end of the cooking process.
- Add the cooked ‘oysters’, croutons and parmesan flakes to the bowl of lettuce and dress the salad with caesar dressing. Make sure all the leaves are covered and serve.