Recipe: Eggy bread
- 6 eggs
- 500 ml (17 fl. oz) milk
- 60 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 15 slices of brioche
- clarified butter or vegetable oilfor frying
- soft fruit — berries, plums or peaches
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and whisk in the milk and sugar.
- Dip the slices of brioche into the mixture,allowing them to soak it up.
- Put the slices into the frying pan and fry until golden.
- Serve with soft fruit, like berries, plums or peaches.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Friday, 22nd April 2005
Last updated on: Tuesday, 3rd May 2005
- Body text - Copyrighted: The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.