from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
- Sunday 16th June
- Monday 17th June
- Tuesday 18th June
- Wednesday 19th June
Teaching with a global perspective is becoming increasingly important as the world...
Teaching with a global perspective is becoming increasingly important as the world becomes a smaller place. This unit provides a resource for teachers in both primary and secondary schools to understand why the inclusion of the global dimension in the primary school curriculum is important.
After studying this unit you should:
- be able to explain what is meant by the term ‘the global dimension’;
- be familiar with the terminology used in relation to the global dimension;
- know why the inclusion of the global dimension in the primary school curriculum is important;
- know how the global dimension can enhance the primary school curriculum;
- be able to plan the global dimension into the secondary curriculum.
This unit provides access to Teach Global, where you will find a set of courses and resources aimed at supporting teachers who wish to extend their teaching of the global dimension through all aspects of school life.