from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Canals: The Making of a Nation: EngineeringWednesday, 2nd September 2015 01:20 - BBC FourEpisode 6 of 6 looks at the rise of civil engineering and the feats of technology behind the Leeds-Liverpool canal. Read more: Canals: The Making of a Nation: Engineering
Canals: The Making of a Nation: EngineeringAvailable until Friday, 2nd October 2015 01:50Episode 6 of 6 looks at the rise of civil engineering and the feats of technology behind the Leeds-Liverpool canal. Read more: Canals: The Making of a Nation: Engineering
More or Less: Chinese market crash, e-cigarettes and runnersAvailable for over a year
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 1Available until Tuesday, 29th September 2015 19:00
Are our kids tough enough? Chinese school: Episode TwoAvailable until Monday, 28th September 2015 01:55
OpenLearn Live: 2nd September 2015The devil's music is just the start of a day of free learning. Read more: OpenLearn Live: 2nd September 2015
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
Challenges in advanced management accountingThis free course, Challenges in advanced management accounting, focuses on strategic management... Try: Challenges in advanced management accounting now
Forensic psychologyDiscover how psychology can help obtain evidence from eyewitnesses in police investigations and... Try: Forensic psychology now
Using film music in the classroom
There are many approaches to using film music in the classroom, including: a focus on...
There are many approaches to using film music in the classroom, including: a focus on pupil experience; a focus on the structure of composition; a focus on the relationship between music and image.
By the end of this unit, you will have:
- an awareness of methods of introducing film music to secondary school pupils;
- an understanding of how the concept of music accompanying image can be applied to skills of composition;
- an awareness of how to develop techniques of appraising and analysing film music through classroom activities.
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Using film music in the classroom
There are many approaches to using film music in the classroom, including:
a focus on pupil experience;
a focus on the structure of composition;
a focus on the relationship between music and image;
This unit will explore some of these approaches through various activities.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 28th July 2011
Last updated on: Friday, 31st August 2012
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.