Introduction to child psychology
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- What is child psychology?
- Using theories to understand development
- Asking questions about children’s development
- Child psychologists in applied settings
- Keep on learning
Originally published: Friday, 26th February 2016
Last updated on: Friday, 26th February 2016
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Childhood & Youth
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Children and Young People
- Latest pages tagged - E102_1
- Latest pages tagged - child studies
- Latest pages tagged - child psychology
- Latest pages tagged - childhood
- Latest pages tagged - youth
- Latest comments on this page
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
- Word (1.1 MB)
- PDF (2.3 MB)
- ePub 3.0 (35.6 MB)
- ePub 2.0 (898 KB)
- Kindle (287 KB)
- RSS (132 KB)
- HTML (35.5 MB)
- SCORM (35.5 MB)
- OUXML Package (19 KB)
- OUXML File (56 KB)
- IMS Common cartridge
- Moodle backup (35.2 MB)
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your My OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Download this course
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.