The aim of this learning guide is to help you develop a critical understanding of the values, skills and methods associated with children’s participation. You will be encouraged to reflect upon and creatively apply the experiences of children and practitioners to new participatory contexts.
There are six activities in this course:
- Activity 1: Introductory reading on children’s participation (allow 6 hours)
- Activity 2: Shared values for children's participation: access online participation standards (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 3: Skills for participation: listen to audio accounts to help construct a list of participatory skills (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 4: Methods of participation: undertake online activity simulating a participatory activity (allow 1 hour)
- Activity 5: Adapting participatory methods: adapting participatory activity in response to a case study (allow 45 minutes)
- Activity 6: Participation into practice: adapting participatory activity for your own practice (allow 1 hour 30 minutes).
This OpenLearn course provides a sample of Level 3 study in.