My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Already Registered?Sign in
- Learning outcomes
- 1 What is the modern-day family unit?
- 2 Socialisation into sport and physical activity
- 3 Are children becoming less active?
- 4 Theoretical perspectives of participation
- 5 How important is the family environment?
- 6 Gender differences
- 7 Do active parents have active children?
- 8 Putting the pieces together
- 9 Beliefs and values
- Keep on learning
- Current section: References
- Further reading
About this free course
15 hours study
Level 3: Advanced
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Get the most out of OpenLearn
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn but creating an account lets you set up a personal learning profile which tracks your course progress and gives you access to Statements of Participation and digital badges you earn along the way. Sign-up now!
This free course is available to start right now. Review the full course description and key learning outcomes and create an account and enrol if you want a free statement of participation.
Physical activity: a family affair
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has over 40 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.