Britain is full of sacred spaces: places of great spiritual significance. This...
Britain is full of sacred spaces: places of great spiritual significance. This video, from The Open University’s YouTube channel, explains more
- Duration: 5 mins
- Published on: Thursday 22nd October 2009
- Introductory Level
- Posted under: Religious Studies
Britain is awash with sacred sites. Two great traditions that stand out are the standing stones of our megalithic sites, and our beautiful cathedrals. Most famous of these are Stonehenge and Glastonbury Cathedral but what raised them above the rest? And why, in a secular Britain, are they still special to us?
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 22nd October 2009
Last updated on: Thursday, 22nd October 2009
- Body text - Creative-Commons: The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by The OpenLearn team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Religious Studies
- Latest pages tagged Video
- Latest pages tagged Standing Stones
- Latest pages tagged Glastonbury
- Latest pages tagged Sacred
- Latest pages tagged Stonehenge
- Latest pages tagged Religion
- Latest comments on this page