- 10 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
What was the best thing before sliced bread came along? How did rationing affect eating habits throughout the UK? How did people survive before the microwave was invented? Our timeline puts the food on your plate into its historical context.
Originally published: Tuesday, 19th April 2005
Last updated on: Wednesday, 27th April 2005
- Body text - Copyright: open university (interactive)
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Other content you may like
More like this
- Copyright: photos.com Ever Wondered About... British food culture?
- Copyright: BBC Pasture to plate
- Copyright: BBC The Big Question: Can fast food ever be healthy?
- The Open University under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license Britain's Great War: Download your free 'The First World War Experienced' booklet