This episode of Timewatch took the form of a Dramatised documentary telling the true story of how the HMS Venturer hunted down and sank the U-Boat U864 in February 1945, the only time two submarines duelled to the death underwater. Eyewitness accounts, secret and long-forgotten archive material and a dive into the Baltic's frozen depths bring to life the full amazing story of U864's last hours.
Skip to content
My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Timewatch: The Search for U864 - debate
Updated Friday 5th January 2007
Desperate hours, under the sea...
Originally published: Friday, 5th January 2007
- Body text - Copyright: BBC
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'Timewatch: The Search for U864 - debate' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The Timewatch team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - points for debate
- Latest pages tagged - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - submarines
- Latest comments on this page
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?