The Open University since 2006
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Life Story: ParenthoodFriday, 30th September 2016 00:00 - BBC FourSome parents are more closely involved than others. Read more: Life Story: Parenthood
Life Story: ParenthoodAvailable until Sunday, 30th October 2016 01:00Some parents are more closely involved than others. Read more: Life Story: Parenthood
The Bottom Line: Autumn 2016Evan Davis hosts the business conversation show with people at the top giving insight into what... Read more: The Bottom Line: Autumn 2016
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
Digital literacy: succeeding in a digital worldThis free course, Digital literacy: succeeding in a digital world, will develop your confidence... Try: Digital literacy: succeeding in a digital world now
Introduction to bookkeeping and accountingLearn about the essential numerical skills required for accounting and bookkeeping. This free... Try: Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting now
This free course, French: Ouverture, is taken from Ouverture, a language module that concentrates on French as a tool for communication, but it also provides some insights into French society and culture through authentic printed, audio and video materials. The course will be of interest to all those who want to improve their language skills in order to communicate more easily and effectively in French. French: Ouverture focuses on the French on holiday.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand spoken descriptions of holiday resorts
- understand people talking about where and when they take their holidays and why
- write an informal postcard or letter identifying the advantages and disadvantages of a holiday resort and/or describing personal holiday plans
- make a short oral presentation about personal holiday plans
- question other people about their plans.
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
This course is taken from Ouverture, a language course that concentrates on French as a tool for communication, but it also provides some insights into French society and culture through authentic printed, audio and video materials. It will be of interest to all those who want to improve their language skills in order to communicate more easily and effectively in French. This course focuses on the French on holiday.
This OpenLearn course is an adapted extract from the Open University course L120.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Friday, 11th March 2016
Last updated on: Friday, 11th March 2016
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
- Word (2.1 MB)
- PDF (3.7 MB)
- ePub 3.0 (53.7 MB)
- ePub 2.0 (1.7 MB)
- Kindle (705 KB)
- RSS (406 KB)
- HTML (53.2 MB)
- SCORM (53.2 MB)
- OUXML Package (31 KB)
- OUXML File (113 KB)
- IMS Common cartridge
- Moodle backup (79.3 MB)
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.