from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
The Met: Policing London: Episode FourThursday, 2nd July 2015 00:10 - BBC OneThis episode of OU/BBC's The Met: Policing London looks at tackling the city's crime after dark - from... Read more: The Met: Policing London: Episode Four
The Met: Policing London: Episode FourThursday, 2nd July 2015 01:00 - BBC One
The Bottom Line: Summer 2015: The Bottom Line - Burger BattlesThursday, 2nd July 2015 20:30 - BBC Radio 4
The Bank: Love and MoneyThursday, 2nd July 2015 23:20 - BBC Two
The Bank: Love and MoneyAvailable until Thursday, 1st January 1970 01:00The second episode of The Bank looks at love in relation to money - with everything from engagements, marriage,... Read more: The Bank: Love and Money
The Met: Policing London: Episode FourAvailable until Monday, 6th July 2015 22:00
Thinking Allowed: White working class boys and French thoughtAvailable for over a year
The Bottom Line: Summer 2015: The Bottom Line - Angel InvestorsAvailable until Monday, 27th June 2016 17:30
After Waterloo: What happened next?After the collapse of Napoleon's army two hundred years ago, what happened next? We catch up with... Read more: After Waterloo: What happened next?
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
The role of the managerThis free course, The role of the manager, examines the manager role in theory and in practice.... Try: The role of the manager now
Succeed with maths – Part 1If you feel that maths is a mystery that you want to unravel then this short 8-week course is for... Try: Succeed with maths – Part 1 now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.