from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Life: Challenges Of LifeSaturday, 5th September 2015 09:00 - EdenStarting the series, David Attenborough introduces creatures for whom survival is a dailt struggle. Read more: Life: Challenges Of Life
Are our kids tough enough? Chinese school: Episode ThreeAvailable until Sunday, 4th October 2015 01:45It's the moment of truth, the students at Bohunt school go against each other to see which education system... Read more: Are our kids tough enough? Chinese school: Episode Three
BBC Inside Science: El Nino, peat, citizen science and CERNAvailable for over a year
The ascent of woman: CivilisationAvailable until Saturday, 3rd October 2015 00:15
Canals: The Making of a Nation: EngineeringAvailable until Friday, 2nd October 2015 01:50
One refugee's story: A long, risky journeyPublic Radio Internation tells the story of Thair Orfahli's journey from war-riddled Syria to... Read more: One refugee's story: A long, risky journey
OpenLearn Live: 4th September 2015How do you know how well a coma patient is doing? One answer, and more free learning, across the... Read more: OpenLearn Live: 4th September 2015
Studying religionThis free course, Studying religion, will give you an opportunity to think about some of the key... Try: Studying religion now
Forensic psychologyDiscover how psychology can help obtain evidence from eyewitnesses in police investigations and... Try: Forensic psychology now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.