from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
The Hunt: Episode 2: In the Grip of the SeasonsWednesday, 25th November 2015 01:15 - BBC TwoHow do polar predators face the challenges of hunting in the Arctic, the most seasonal place on Earth? The only... Read more: The Hunt: Episode 2: In the Grip of the Seasons
The Hunt: Episode 2: In the Grip of the SeasonsWednesday, 25th November 2015 01:45 - BBC Two
Power to the People: Episode 2: It's Not Easy Being GreenWednesday, 25th November 2015 03:00 - BBC Four
All in the Mind: Mindfulness, porn addiction and slothfulnessWednesday, 25th November 2015 15:30 -
The Hunt: Episode 2: In the Grip of the SeasonsAvailable until Friday, 25th December 2015 02:45How do polar predators face the challenges of hunting in the Arctic, the most seasonal place on Earth? The only... Read more: The Hunt: Episode 2: In the Grip of the Seasons
The Educators: Series 2: Character LessonsAvailable for over a year
Wild Weather with Richard Hammond: Temperature: The Driving ForceAvailable until Thursday, 24th December 2015 01:35
Ireland with Simon Reeve: Episode 1Available until Thursday, 24th December 2015 00:45
What is the 2015 Autumn Statement all about?The OU's Alan Shipman offers a guide to the things to watch for when George Osborne presents his... Read more: What is the 2015 Autumn Statement all about?
OpenLearn Live: 24th November 2015Part of Ireland that started out by the South Pole. Then more free learning through the day. Read more: OpenLearn Live: 24th November 2015
Early years team work and leadershipThis unit explores aspects of teamwork and leadership for early years practitioners. Try: Early years team work and leadership now
English: skills for learningThis course is for anybody who is thinking of studying for a university degree and would like to... Try: English: skills for learning now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.