from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Life: Creatures of the DeepThursday, 11th February 2016 10:00 - Eden EdenLife under the waves. Read more: Life: Creatures of the Deep
The London Markets: The Fruit And Veg Market: Inside New SpitafieldsAvailable until Sunday, 13th March 2016 00:40The fruit and veg trade in England was once a closed world dominated by traditional British costermonger families.... Read more: The London Markets: The Fruit And Veg Market: Inside New Spitafields
The Bottom Line: Winter 2015-16: Customer ServiceAvailable for over a year
Thinking Allowed 2016: Consumerism, Work-life balanceAvailable for over a year
More or Less: E-cigs, politics, school and birthdaysAvailable for over a year
What's so exciting about gravitational waves being discovered?Scientists are thrilled by the discovery of gravitational waves, in part because it proves one of... Read more: What's so exciting about gravitational waves being discovered?
OpenLearn Live: 11th February 2016The first king to unite Wales into a single kingdom; working with Richard Nixon; making love last... Read more: OpenLearn Live: 11th February 2016
Landschaftliche VielfaltGerman regions and landscapes, local traditions and the notion of Heimat are at the centre of... Try: Landschaftliche Vielfalt now
Essay and report writing skillsWriting reports and assignments can be a daunting prospect. Learn how to interpret questions and... Try: Essay and report writing skills now
This free course, Spanish: Perspectivas porteas, uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this free course you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This OpenLearn course is an adapted extract from the Open University course L314.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 5th March 2015
Last updated on: Thursday, 5th March 2015
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.