from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 4Wednesday, 7th October 2015 00:45 - BBC TwoThis final episode considers the challenges faced by the historic Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus - and asks what the... Read more: The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 4
Canals: The Making of a Nation: HeritageWednesday, 7th October 2015 00:55 - BBC Four
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 4Wednesday, 7th October 2015 01:15 - BBC Two
The ascent of woman: RevolutionWednesday, 7th October 2015 01:45 - BBC Two
The Great British Year: WinterAvailable until Friday, 6th November 2015 22:00A frozen nation, but not a wasteland... Read more: The Great British Year: Winter
The ascent of woman: RevolutionAvailable until Friday, 6th November 2015 02:15
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 4Available until Friday, 6th November 2015 01:15
The Bottom Line: Autumn 2015: Art and the Business of TasteAvailable for over a year
Rugby: A sport for sampling or specialisation?What are the benefits or risks of specialising in a sport early on? Jessica Pinchbeck discusses... Read more: Rugby: A sport for sampling or specialisation?
OpenLearn Live: 6th October 2015Celebrating a small village with a role in two explosive events in history - then more free... Read more: OpenLearn Live: 6th October 2015
Innovation through representationInnovations are realised through design, and some of the most useful tools in the designers’... Try: Innovation through representation now
English: skills for learningThis course is for anybody who is thinking of studying for a university degree and would like to... Try: English: skills for learning now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.