from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Life In Cold Blood: Sophisticated SerpentsSunday, 30th August 2015 08:00 - YesterdayThey get a bad rap in the Bible, but snakes are really quite wonderful Read more: Life In Cold Blood: Sophisticated Serpents
Life In Cold Blood: Sophisticated SerpentsSunday, 30th August 2015 13:00 - Yesterday
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 1Sunday, 30th August 2015 18:00 - BBC Two
More or Less: Chinese market crash, e-cigarettes and runnersSunday, 30th August 2015 20:00 - BBC Radio 4
More or Less: Chinese market crash, e-cigarettes and runnersAvailable until Sunday, 27th September 2015 16:55More or Less investigates the Chinese market crash, e-cigarettes, engineering and how sprinters run so fast. Read more: More or Less: Chinese market crash, e-cigarettes and runners
The world’s busiest railway 2015 – Mumbai Railway: Episode 1Available until Tuesday, 29th September 2015 19:00
Are our kids tough enough? Chinese school: Episode TwoAvailable until Monday, 28th September 2015 01:55
Canals: The Making of a Nation: EngineeringAvailable until Friday, 2nd October 2015 01:50
OpenLearn Live: August Bank Holiday Special 2015Not so much live, but with a great collection of free courses, things to watch and listen to, and... Read more: OpenLearn Live: August Bank Holiday Special 2015
Are our kids tough enough? Chinese schoolIn a unique experiment, five teachers from China take over the education of 50 teenagers in a... Read more: Are our kids tough enough? Chinese school
Challenges in advanced management accountingThis free course, Challenges in advanced management accounting, focuses on strategic management... Try: Challenges in advanced management accounting now
Forensic psychologyDiscover how psychology can help obtain evidence from eyewitnesses in police investigations and... Try: Forensic psychology now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.