The Open University since 2006
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
More or Less: Waitrose, EU Ref, Antiques Roadshow and Computer Science and SocksSunday, 31st July 2016 20:00 - BBC Radio 4Tim Harford and his team investigate EU Referendum, Desk of Good News, tribute to Trumpton and Antiques Roadshow. Read more: More or Less: Waitrose, EU Ref, Antiques Roadshow and Computer Science and Socks
More or Less: Waitrose, EU Ref, Antiques Roadshow and Computer Science and SocksAvailable for over a yearTim Harford and his team investigate EU Referendum, Desk of Good News, tribute to Trumpton and Antiques Roadshow. Read more: More or Less: Waitrose, EU Ref, Antiques Roadshow and Computer Science and Socks
Managing virtual project teamsMany projects are now ‘virtual’, i.e. some or all of the team are located remotely and may be... Try: Managing virtual project teams now
English: skills for learningEnglish: skills for learning, is a free course for anybody who is thinking of studying for a... Try: English: skills for learning now
This free course, Spanish: Perspectivas porteas, uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this free course you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita.
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This OpenLearn course is an adapted extract from the Open University course L314.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Monday, 14th March 2016
Last updated on: Monday, 14th March 2016
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
- Word (1.2 MB)
- PDF (2.3 MB)
- ePub 3.0 (71.8 MB)
- ePub 2.0 (1005 KB)
- Kindle (521 KB)
- RSS (422 KB)
- HTML (71.7 MB)
- SCORM (71.7 MB)
- OUXML Package (21 KB)
- OUXML File (117 KB)
- IMS Common cartridge
- Moodle backup (56.4 MB)
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.