from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Power to the People: Episode 3: The Customer is Always RightTuesday, 1st December 2015 21:00 - BBC FourThe final episode looks at how SSE are trying to win back their customers' trust following criticism from... Read more: Power to the People: Episode 3: The Customer is Always Right
Power to the People: Episode 3: The Customer is Always RightWednesday, 2nd December 2015 02:25 - BBC Four
The Hunt: Episode 3: Hide and SeekWednesday, 2nd December 2015 02:50 - BBC Two
Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story: Instruments Of MurderWednesday, 2nd December 2015 23:20 - BBC Four
Ireland with Simon Reeve: Episode 2Available until Thursday, 7th January 2016 00:45
The Hunt: Episode 4: Hunger at SeaAvailable until Tuesday, 29th December 2015 17:50
Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story: Traces Of GuiltAvailable until Tuesday, 29th December 2015 00:00
BBC Inside Science: Astronomy Q&A, CERN and ancient genomesAvailable for over a year
Star Wars VII: Can Jediism be classed as a religion?Can Jediism be classed as a religion, or is it merely a cultural fad? Read more: Star Wars VII: Can Jediism be classed as a religion?
OpenLearn Live: 30th November 2015The man who went into space and became the Cosmos; back on Earth, why do people hate... Read more: OpenLearn Live: 30th November 2015
Basic science: understanding numbersThis free course explains how you can use numbers to describe the natural world and make sense of... Try: Basic science: understanding numbers now
English: skills for learningThis course is for anybody who is thinking of studying for a university degree and would like to... Try: English: skills for learning now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this free course you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn and track your progress. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 5th March 2015
Last updated on: Thursday, 5th March 2015
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.