from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
The Bank: LendingTuesday, 7th July 2015 21:00 - BBC TwoThe final episode of The Bank explore our need to borrow more money to buy anything from mortgages to plastic surgery. Read more: The Bank: Lending
Thinking Allowed: Arab Londoners - Migrants and British identityWednesday, 8th July 2015 16:00 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b061017w
The Met: Policing London: Episode FiveWednesday, 8th July 2015 23:05 - BBC One
The Bank: LendingWednesday, 8th July 2015 23:20 - BBC Two
The Met: Policing London: Episode FiveAvailable until Monday, 13th July 2015 22:00In the final episode of OU/BBC's The Met a new recruit learns his way around the London streets and Homicide... Read more: The Met: Policing London: Episode Five
Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story: Instruments Of MurderAvailable until Wednesday, 5th August 2015 23:00
Thinking Allowed: Factory music and volunteering post-recessionAvailable for over a year
The Bottom Line: Summer 2015: The Bottom Line - Burger BattlesAvailable for over a year
How the Millennium Development Goals failed the world’s poorest childrenAs we reach the end of the period set to achieve the UN Millennium Goals, Anna Childs... Read more: How the Millennium Development Goals failed the world’s poorest children
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
Start writing fictionHave you always wanted to write, but never quite had the courage to start? This free course,... Try: Start writing fiction now
Fuel poverty in ScotlandIn this unit, you will be hearing and reading about the issues faced by people living in poverty... Try: Fuel poverty in Scotland now
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your...
This unit uses a documentary about artists in Buenos Aires, to help you to develop your listening skills. By assessing various parts of the documentary you will be able to extend your comprehension of spoken Spanish.
By the end of this unit you will know how to:
- Obtener información de las imágenes mientras se hace un visionado parcial y sin sonido
- Predecir vocabulario (‘lluvia de palabras’)
- Mirar y escuchar con un objetivo general en mente; captar ideas globales
- Mirar el reportaje con detenimiento prestando especial atención al vocabulario
- Distinguir la información implícita de la explícita
- Leer textos adicionales para aclarar posibles ‘lagunas’ en los conocimientos
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Spanish: Perspectivas porteñas
Esta unidad se basa en un documental, un reportaje grabado en Buenos Aires, Argentina. Preste atención a la información extra que llevan las imágenes. Va a desarrollar diferentes estrategias para trabajar con el vocabulario y para mejorar la comprensión.
This unit is an adapted extract from the first edition of the advanced Spanish module. The most current version is.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 31st July 2008
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.