from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraTuesday, 31st March 2015 04:40 - Sky Arts 1 HDKim Cattrall revisits the role of the great Queen of Egypt in Shakespeare's Antony & Cleopatra. Read more: My Shakespeare: Kim Cattrall on Antony & Cleopatra
A History of Ideas - Aristotle on flourishingTuesday, 31st March 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraWednesday, 1st April 2015 07:00 - Sky Arts 1 HD
A History of Ideas - Max Weber and the Protestant EthicWednesday, 1st April 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?Available until Wednesday, 30th March 2016 14:15Melvyn Bragg and his four guests delve deeper into the philosophy of how we live a good life. Read more: OU on the BBC: A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?
Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updatesWe hope OpenLearn works normally, around the clock, through the year. If we know something's... Read more: Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updates
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
The business of footballWelcome to this free new OpenLearn course produced by The Open University working in partnership... Try: The business of football now
Succeed with maths – Part 1[BETA] If you feel that maths is a mystery that you want to unravel then this short 8-week course... Try: Succeed with maths – Part 1 now
Managing projects through people
The importance of managing people for the success of a project cannot be underestimated...
The importance of managing people for the success of a project cannot be underestimated. This unit identifies the groups and individuals whose appropriate involvement in a project is important for its success, and considers the ways in which their contribution might be maximised.
At the end of this unit you should be able to:
- identify why managing people is an essential part of project management;
- establish which people and groups of people are important for the success of a project and why;
- explain what issues are at stake in managing them;
- evaluate how particular groups of people involved in a project might best be handled;
- recognise which skills are most important for managing people in projects;
- know how to apply these skills where appropriate.
- Current section: Introduction
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Why people management matters to the successful delivery of projects
- 2 Role of the project manager
- 3 Identifying and involving stakeholders in a project
- 4 Project team
- 5 Dealing with senior management
- 6 Political behaviour
- 7 Building relationships across the organisation
- 8 Satisfying the client and end user
- 9 Summary
Managing projects through people
The aim of Managing Projects through People is to demonstrate the importance of managing people for the success of a project, to identify groups and individuals whose appropriate involvement in a project is important for its success, and to consider ways in which their contribution might be maximised.
This material is from our archive and is an adapted extract from Fundamentals of Senior Management (B713) which is no longer taught by The Open University. If you want to study formally with us, you may wish to explore other courses we offer in this.
This is an extract from an Open University course which is no longer available to new students. If you found this interesting you could explore more free Business Studies course units or view the range of currently available OU Business Studies courses.