from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Preparing a project
Managing projects is something most managers will find themselves doing at some point...
Managing projects is something most managers will find themselves doing at some point in their career. This unit aims to provide an overview of the features of a project and the issues that arise in managing a project.
At the end of this unit you should be able to:
- identify the main features of a project;
- explain the importance of the key dimensions of budget, time and quality;
- identify the links between a project's scope and definition and a sponsor's strategic and operational objectives;
- agree the objectives of the project in sufficient detail to enable it to be planned effectively;
- assess the feasibility of a project and to negotiate any necessary amendments with the sponsor to ensure that the goals can be achieved within the constraints of the project.
This is an extract from an Open University course which is no longer available to new students. If you found this interesting you could explore more free Business Studies course units or view the range of currently available OU Business Studies courses.