from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraTuesday, 31st March 2015 04:40 - Sky Arts 1 HDKim Cattrall revisits the role of the great Queen of Egypt in Shakespeare's Antony & Cleopatra. Read more: My Shakespeare: Kim Cattrall on Antony & Cleopatra
A History of Ideas - Aristotle on flourishingTuesday, 31st March 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraWednesday, 1st April 2015 07:00 - Sky Arts 1 HD
A History of Ideas - Max Weber and the Protestant EthicWednesday, 1st April 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?Available until Wednesday, 30th March 2016 14:15Melvyn Bragg and his four guests delve deeper into the philosophy of how we live a good life. Read more: OU on the BBC: A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?
Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updatesWe hope OpenLearn works normally, around the clock, through the year. If we know something's... Read more: Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updates
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
Early years team work and leadershipThis unit explores aspects of teamwork and leadership for early years practitioners. Try: Early years team work and leadership now
Succeed with maths – Part 1[BETA] If you feel that maths is a mystery that you want to unravel then this short 8-week course... Try: Succeed with maths – Part 1 now
Never before have social issues been more at the centre of public and private debate....
Never before have social issues been more at the centre of public and private debate. From concerns about sustainability and the future of the planet to the introduction of smoking bans, there is a growing recognition that social marketing has a role to play in achieving a wide range of social goals.
By the end of this unit you should be able to:
- describe and explain the meaning and nature of social marketing;
- analyse social marketing problems and suggest ways of solving these;
- recognise the range of stakeholders involved in social marketing programmes and their role as target markets;
- assess the role of branding, social advertising and other communications in achieving behavioural change.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Unit overview
- 2 Understanding the nature of social marketing
- 3 Understanding consumer behaviour
- 4 Stakeholders and target markets
- 5 The role of communications and branding in social marketing programmes
- 6 Unit questions
- 7 Conclusion
- Current section: References