from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraTuesday, 31st March 2015 04:40 - Sky Arts 1 HDKim Cattrall revisits the role of the great Queen of Egypt in Shakespeare's Antony & Cleopatra. Read more: My Shakespeare: Kim Cattrall on Antony & Cleopatra
A History of Ideas - Aristotle on flourishingTuesday, 31st March 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
Kim Cattrall on Antony & CleopatraWednesday, 1st April 2015 07:00 - Sky Arts 1 HD
A History of Ideas - Max Weber and the Protestant EthicWednesday, 1st April 2015 12:04 - BBC Radio 4
A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?Available until Wednesday, 30th March 2016 14:15Melvyn Bragg and his four guests delve deeper into the philosophy of how we live a good life. Read more: OU on the BBC: A History of Ideas - How do I live a good life?
Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updatesWe hope OpenLearn works normally, around the clock, through the year. If we know something's... Read more: Is there a problem with OpenLearn? OpenLearn status updates
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
The business of footballWelcome to this free new OpenLearn course produced by The Open University working in partnership... Try: The business of football now
Succeed with maths – Part 1[BETA] If you feel that maths is a mystery that you want to unravel then this short 8-week course... Try: Succeed with maths – Part 1 now
Do you hate making decisions? Does the ability of others to make snap decisions really...
Do you hate making decisions? Does the ability of others to make snap decisions really frustrate you? This unit will help you understand some of the processes involved in decision making. Attention to the psychology of decision making and the social context in which decisions are made can improve your understanding of others and yourself.
By the time you have completed studying this unit, you should:
- have greater insight into your own decision-making processes and those of others;
- be able to use that insight to make more effective decisions;
- possess a range of different perspectives on what counts as an ‘effective’ decision;
- be better equipped to understand and influence the decision-making processes of other individuals and groups;
- understand better how people perceive and decide about risk.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Making decisions
- 2 Understanding your own approach
- 3 The rational-economic perspective and its problems
- 4 A psychological perspective
- 5 A sociological perspective
- 6 Risk and decision making
- 7 Making a difference to decision making
- Next steps
- Current section: References
This is an extract from an Open University course which is no longer available to new students. If you found this interesting you could explore more free Leadership and Management course units or view the range of currently available OU Leadership and Management courses.