from The Open University
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
- Saturday 17:30, BBC Radio 4, The Bottom Line - The price of time
- Sunday 20:00, BBC Radio 4, More or Less - Conservative job creation, unhappy workers and teenage pregnancy
- Sunday 20:00, BBC Radio 4, More or Less
- Monday 00:15, BBC Radio 4, Thinking Allowed: Migraines - social stigma and negative labels
- Monday 00:15, BBC Radio 4, OU on the BBC: Thinking Allowed
The importance of interpersonal skills
To succeed in management you need good interpersonal skills, you need to understand how...
To succeed in management you need good interpersonal skills, you need to understand how to deal with other people. This unit will help you gain an awareness of your skills and understand that an awareness of the interpersonal skills of others can help us enormously in dealing with the work tasks we are responsible for.
After studying this unit you should be able to:
- recognise the importance of interpersonal skills
- describe how good communication with other can influence our working relationships
- outline the roles we play in our work groups and teams
This is an extract from an Open University course which is no longer available to new students. If you found this interesting you could explore more free Leadership and Management course units or view the range of currently available OU Leadership and Management courses.