The Open University since 2006
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Inside The Commons: Reinventing The HouseSaturday, 22nd October 2016 17:30 - BBC Two (Scotland only)In the final part of this major four-part series, battles break out over the future of the House. Read more: Inside The Commons: Reinventing The House
The Bottom Line: Autumn 2016: Activist investorsSaturday, 22nd October 2016 17:30 - BBC Radio 4
Inside The Commons: Reinventing The HouseSaturday, 22nd October 2016 18:00 - BBC Two (England only)
Sleuths, Spies & Sorcerers: Andrew Marr’s Paperback Heroes: FantasyMonday, 24th October 2016 21:00 - BBC Four
Sleuths, Spies & Sorcerers: Andrew Marr’s Paperback Heroes: DetectivesAvailable until Friday, 18th November 2016 22:00How does the curious world of Agatha Christie et al. encourage us keep turning the pages of the gripping detective... Read more: Sleuths, Spies & Sorcerers: Andrew Marr’s Paperback Heroes: Detectives
Methods in Motion: A view from a trainWhat has physics ever done for psychology? Paul Stenner, Professor of Social Psychology,... Read more: Methods in Motion: A view from a train
Take the photographic memory testCan you capture scenes just by looking at them? Find out with our photographic memory test. Launch now: Take the photographic memory test
Liquidity managementIn this free course you will focus on liquidity management, one of the fundamental aspects... Try: Liquidity management now
Introduction to bookkeeping and accountingLearn about the essential numerical skills required for accounting and bookkeeping. This free... Try: Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting now
This free course, Stakeholders in marketing and finance, comprises two sections introducing the idea of customers and stakeholders for financial information. It also contains two activities in which learners are asked to relate the ideas discussed to their own work practice.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand and identify customers, consumers and clients and their needs and expectations
- apply these ideas to a work context and recognise customers, consumers and clients and their needs and expectations
- understand and identify financial stakeholders of an organisation and their information needs
- apply these ideas to a work context and recognise the organisation’s financial stakeholders and their information needs.
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Stakeholders in marketing and finance
This course comprises two parts, one relating to marketing and the other to financial information. Each part consists of a short, introductory reading and an activity which requires students to analyse their own work practice in relation to the ideas covered in the reading. The marketing reading and activity cover the concept of ‘customers’ and who customers are in different work contexts. The financial information reading and activity cover the idea of financial stakeholders and their interests in an organisation.
This OpenLearn course is an adapted extract from an Open University course
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Tuesday, 16th February 2016
Last updated on: Tuesday, 16th February 2016
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by None
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Accounting and Finance
- Latest pages tagged - B629_1
- Latest pages tagged - stakeholders
- Latest pages tagged - marketing
- Latest pages tagged - finance
- Latest pages tagged - skills for work: money and finance
- Latest pages tagged - skills for work: communication
- Latest comments on this page
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
- Word (804 KB)
- PDF (1.7 MB)
- ePub 3.0 (646 KB)
- ePub 2.0 (646 KB)
- Kindle (216 KB)
- RSS (82 KB)
- HTML (618 KB)
- SCORM (618 KB)
- OUXML Package (12 KB)
- OUXML File (35 KB)
- IMS Common cartridge
- Moodle backup (667 KB)
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.