My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Already Registered?Sign in
The environmental impact of teaching and learning
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- Course overview
- Part 1: For students and lecturers or academic designers
- Part 2: For students
- Part 3: For lecturers and academic designers
- 3.1 Exploring tools to assess carbon-based environmental impacts of teaching and learning activities in higher education
- 3.2 Summary
- Part 4: For lecturers and academic designers
- 4.1 Examination of the carbon impacts associated with different systems and models of providing higher education teaching and learning
- 4.2 New teaching models and how ICTs are changing higher education
- 4.3 Types of teaching models used in higher education and their environmental impacts
- 4.4 Exploration of tools to assess carbon-based environmental impacts of learning designs and teaching models in higher education
- What next?
- Keep on learning
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your My OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
Creative commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence.
However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions and our FAQs.
Full copyright details can be found in the Acknowledgements section of each week.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has over 40 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
About this free course
10 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.