My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Week 1
- Learning outcomes
- 1.1 Personalisation and you
- 1.2 What's in a name?
- 1.3 Understanding personalisation: the patient
- 1.4 Understanding personalisation: the client
- 1.5 Understanding personalisation: the service user
- 1.6 Understanding personalisation: citizens and consumers
- 1.7 Understanding personalisation: where next?
- 1.8 Personalisation: Children's and adult's rights
- 1.9 The landscape of personalisation in Scotland
- 1.10 Self-directed support in Scotland
- 1.11 What does self-directed support mean in practice?
- 1.12 Summary of key points from Section 1
- 1.13 Investigative task
- 1.14 Looking forward to Section 2
- Current section: References
About this free course
50 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Get the most out of OpenLearn
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn but creating an account lets you set up a personal learning profile which tracks your course progress and gives you access to Statements of Participation and digital badges you earn along the way. Sign-up now!
This free course is available to start right now. Review the full course description and key learning outcomes and create an account and enrol if you want a free statement of participation.
Foundations for self-directed support in Scotland
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has nearly 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.