5.15 Investigative task
Activity 5.11 Exploring personalisation and the workforce
The final part of this section provides some links to workforce development information and commentary that will enable you to explore different aspects of the workforce and personalisation in Scotland. These opportunities all relate to improving your knowledge of, and keeping up to date with, developments in the workforce in relation to personalisation.
Some of the links below will take you to quite large websites containing a lot of information. If so, try putting ‘personalisation’ or ‘self-directed support’ into the search box in these sites and that will allow you to follow up areas of interest to you. You may well know of other websites that are of interest to you too. You may want to look at an aspect of the workforce and personalisation that particularly relates to your role and interests, or expand your knowledge of other parts of the workforce.
There are no comments or ‘answers’ to these investigations because they are all topical areas and will change and develop over coming months and years as the way personalisation is understood and implemented in Scotland develops. Use your learning log to record your reflections on what you find out about, and, if possible, take opportunities to discuss and hear feedback about what you are learning with others such as friends, colleagues, supervisors and/or family members.
- Aberlour Childcare Trust
- Age UK
- Alzheimer Scotland
- Barnardo's Scotland
- Scottish Association of Social Work (SASW)
- Carers Scotland
- Children 1st
- Children in Scotland
- Contact a Family Scotland
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Community Brokerage Network
- Early Years Collaborative
- Education Scotland
- NHS Education for Scotland
- Providers and Personalisation
- Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)
- Scottish Consortium of Learning Disability
- Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance
- Scottish Personal Assistant Employer Network (SPAEN)
- Scottish Social Services Council
- Skills for Health
- Social Care Ideas Factory
- Step into Leadership
- UNISON Scotland
- Who Cares? Scotland
Section 5 quiz
Now that you've completed this section, try the Section 5 quiz .