My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Already Registered?Sign in
- Week 5
- Learning outcomes
- 5.1 Demographic changes
- 5.2 Challenges for the workforce
- 5.3 Self-directed support in Scotland
- 5.4 Self-directed support and the workforce
- 5.5 Fears and realities
- 5.6 New landscape, new learning?
- 5.7 Starting from a different place
- 5.8 Different roles: personal assistants
- 5.9 Different roles: personal assistants
- 5.10 Different roles: Brokerage
- 5.11 Different roles: Advocacy
- 5.12 Regulating the workforce
- 5.13 Making personalisation happen
- 5.14 Summary of key points
- 5.15 Investigative task
- Current section: References
About this free course
50 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
This free course is available to start right now. Review the full course description and key learning outcomes and create an account and enrol if you want a free statement of participation.
Foundations for self-directed support in Scotland
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has over 40 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.