In Week 7, you have learned that:
- Specialised and academic vocabulary is often used at university.
- Many strategies exist that can help you to learn new vocabulary.
- There are many types of print and online dictionaries.
- Dictionaries provide a great deal of information.
- The grammatical information given by dictionaries can help you to avoid errors.
- Using a collocations dictionary helps choose the most appropriate combinations of words.
- It may not be necessary to learn every new word.
- It is advisable to distinguish the words that should be part of your active and passive vocabulary.
- New vocabulary can be recorded through vocabulary cards, lists, mind maps and tables.