This week has focused on studying theories; in particular, theories about learning communities and the different approaches you can take towards learning. You have also practised taking notes on theories and applying them to your own life.
You have learned about:
- the value of theories
- how frameworks can help structure information and ideas
- Lev Vygotsky’s ideas about learning communities
- Jean Lave and Etienne Wenger’s ideas about communities of practice
- Noel Entwistle’s ideas about approaches to learning
- the relevance of theories to your own life.
Next week will focus on deciding on a direction for the next stage of your learning journey, and starting the process of planning it.
You can now go to Week 7.