1.1 Action planning — an overview
The action planning process generally involves the following stages:
- developing a vision
- setting yourself a realistic goal, and checking it is achievable
- working out what you need to do to achieve your goal – breaking the goal down into smaller chunks
- putting the steps in a logical order
- starting work on the small and early steps and then checking things off as you go so that you can see (and celebrate!) what you have achieved
- reviewing the action plan regularly and adjusting it if need be.
This week will focus on the first two stages of action planning, with most of the later stages being completed next week. The last two you will do after you have completed Succeed with learning.
The first stage is to think big and to develop a vision that inspires you.