5 Using the last paragraph to conclude the essay
An essay should always have a concluding paragraph. An effective concluding paragraph should:
- refer to the assignment question and its key content words
- refer to the claim made in the introduction
- refer to and draw together the points made in the main body of the essay
- provide a clear answer to the question
- provide a brief comment (optional).
Click on 'SIGN IN to enrol' to get started.You can find out more about registering and OpenLearn in our FAQs.