Week 7: Presenting your ‘best’ self at interview
This week focuses on the role of the interview and how to manage this well. Even if you are not seeking a specific job, much of the guidance offered stands you in good stead whenever you meet someone to talk about what you can offer.
If you are asking to be considered for work, you are interviewed to find out if you are suited to the work and to the organisation, and you should ask questions to help you to work out if you think you would fit in well, too. After all, even if you are offered the job, you might decide not to accept it. Whatever you decide, making interviews productive is vital if you are to achieve your career aims.
Watch Wendy introduce Week 7:
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- explore different types of interviews
- consider how to prepare for interviews
- explore question types and how to handle them
- practise answering interview questions
- enhance your confidence in performing well at an interview.