The main learning points from this session are:
- Some of the features of coaching sessions that help people learn include:
- coaches have a clear learning goal
- providing variety
- allowing a trial and error approach
- reviewing the session afterwards.
- Creativity in designing training sessions helps provide quality practices by encouraging participants to:
- react to game-like situations
- solve problems
- make decisions, even if some of their solutions are unorthodox.
- Richard Bailey’s five commandments are principles based on the science of learning and teaching and can help guide coaching.
In the next session, you will explore the future of coaching in light of technological developments. By focusing on two examples of technology, you will develop your ability to question and critique what is often reported about such developments in the media.
You can now go to Session 8.