The Open University since 2006
Alternatively you can skip the navigation by pressing 'Enter'.
Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 3Friday, 29th July 2016 00:45 - BBC Two21 year old Alaigie is preparing to leave Gambia to travel “the back way” 6000 kilometres to Italy to find work. Read more: Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 3
Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 3Available until Sunday, 28th August 2016 01:4521 year old Alaigie is preparing to leave Gambia to travel “the back way” 6000 kilometres to Italy to find work. Read more: Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 3
Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 2Available until Saturday, 27th August 2016 01:45
Exodus: Our Journey To Europe: EPISODE 1Available until Friday, 26th August 2016 03:45
Discovery: The Truth About Success And Failure In Medicine: Going Lean: Heath and the Toyota WayAvailable for over a year
Managing virtual project teamsMany projects are now ‘virtual’, i.e. some or all of the team are located remotely and may be... Try: Managing virtual project teams now
An introduction to music theoryGain an understanding of the basic building blocks of musical theory and notation. This free... Try: An introduction to music theory now
This free course, Themes and theories for working in virtual project teams, offers an introduction to working in virtual project teams. It explains the terms and concepts related to teams and projects, and highlights the complexity around the interaction of people and technology.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand the roles, functions and dynamics of the members of a team, including comparisons between different types of teams
- identify barriers to effective team work in a virtual environment and propose solutions
- review and comment on team activities in a virtual environment and develop insights to make recommendations for future good practice
- undertake personal and organisational activities associated with working in a virtual team.
- Current section: Introduction
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Why work together virtually?
- 2 Teams
- 3 Projects
- 4 Systems thinking
- Keep on learning
Study this free course
Enrol to access the full course, get recognition for the skills you learn, track your progress and on completion gain a statement of participation to demonstrate your learning to others. Make your learning visible!
Themes and theories for working in virtual project teams
This OpenLearn course provides a sample of postgraduate study in.
This free course includes adapted extracts from an Open University course which is no longer available to new students. If you found this interesting you could explore more free Computing and ICT courses or view the range of currently available OU Computing and ICT courses.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Tuesday, 15th March 2016
Last updated on: Tuesday, 15th March 2016
- Creative-Commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence. However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the Acknowledgements and our FAQs section.
- This site has Copy Reuse Tracking enabled - see our FAQs for more information.
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
All our alternative formats are free for you to download, for more information about the different formats we offer please see our FAQs. The most frequently used are Word (for accessibility), PDF (for print) and ePub and Kindle to download to eReaders*.
- Word (1.6 MB)
- PDF (3.8 MB)
- ePub 3.0 (1.2 MB)
- ePub 2.0 (1.2 MB)
- Kindle (369 KB)
- RSS (253 KB)
- HTML (900 KB)
- SCORM (899 KB)
- OUXML Package (31 KB)
- OUXML File (104 KB)
- IMS Common cartridge
*Please note you will need an ePub and Mobi reader for these formats.