The Art of Rich Pictures: Track 1
How can the drawing of images aid communication? How can they help...
How can the drawing of images aid communication? How can they help us in business, in our everyday and personal lives? Rich Pictures is a term used to describe a means of communicating, expressing and discussing complex ideas though images. Although the term is primarily used in a modern business setting, the Rich Pictures concept is wide ranging and has evolved over thousands of years. They can be seen on ancient cave walls, are used in therapy and they signal to us in globally understood icon. They are also a way to debate large and significant problems. This collection of films explores the concept of Rich Pictures and many ways images have evolved into communication tools.
- Duration: 20 mins
- Published on: Tuesday 18th September 2012
- Introductory Level
- Posted under: Engineering and Technology
How do images communicate messages?
- Read a transcript of this track - you'll need a PDF viewer, such as Adobe's free Adobe Reader
- See details of the Open University course this album comes from
- Discover more from The Open University and iTunesU at open.edu/itunes
Tracks in this podcast:
Copyright & revisions
- Body text - Content: Copyright The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.