Exploring data: Graphs and numerical summaries
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 0 Introducing data
- 1.1 Data and questions
- 2.3 Pie charts and bar charts
- 2.3.1 Introduction
- 1.3.2: Pie charts: surgical removal of tattoos
- 1.2.3 Pie charts: Nuclear power stations
- 1.2.4 Bar charts: nuclear power stations
- 1.2.5 Bar charts: Surgical removal of tattoos
- 1.2.6 Problems with graphics
- 1.2.7 Problems with graphics: USA workforce
- 1.2.8 Problems with graphics: nuclear power stations
- 1.2.9 Pie charts and bar charts: summary
- 3 Histograms and scatterplots
- 4: Numerical summaries
- 1.4.1 Introduction
- 1.4.2 Measures of location
- 4.3: The median
- 1.4.6: Measures of dispersion
- 4.7: Quartiles and the interquartile range
- 1.4.8 The standard deviation
- 1.4.9 Sample variance
- 1.4.10 A note on accuracy
- 4.11: Symmetry and skewness
- 4.12: Numerical summaries: summary
- 5: Conclusion
- Keep on learning
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your My OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Download this course
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.