Numbers: Getting to grips with division
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Ways of expressing division
- 2 Dividing in your head
- 3 Division rules – order matters
- 4 Whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- 5 Practice dividing in your head
- 6 Dividing on paper
- 7 Dividing when you have to carry
- 8 Dealing with remainders
- 9 Summary of what you’ve learned so far
- 10 Dividing by big numbers – long division
- 11 Example of long division
- 12 Dividing decimal numbers by moving the decimal point
- 13 Dividing decimal numbers – an example
- 14 Practice dividing on paper
- 15 Appendix: multiplication tables
- Keep on learning
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your My OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Download this course
OpenLearn Search website
OpenLearn works with other organisations by providing free courses and resources that support our mission of opening up educational opportunities to more people in more places.