- Discover more about studying engineering with The Open University
- Discover more about studying with the OU's Faculty of Business and Law
My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- 5 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
What makes Britain?
Were the Victorians better than modern Brits at infrastructure projects? Not entirely, as our timeline shows...
Originally published: Thursday, 4th October 2012
- Body text - Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0: The Open University
- Image 'What built Britain launcher' - Copyright: Copyright: The Open University & others
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?