Bang Goes The Theory: Series 6, Episode 6
Take it further
Got a passion for science? Find out about studying science at The Open University.
Bang on TV
Jem dreams of flying under his own power by pedalling a homemade plane into the air. He sets out to discover why muscles get tired, and to see if he can boost his own using nothing more than beetroot. Meanwhile, Liz explores how hormones and blood sugar affect our energy levels and mood, and Dallas sweats himself to a standstill as he tries to answer the question 'Do we really need to drink eight glasses of water a day?'.
Bang Goes The Theory can be seen on BBC One at 7:30pm (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland) and BBC Two at 8:00pm (Wales) on Monday 23 April. Full schedule and iPlayer links are on bbc.co.uk. Read more about the current series.
From strength to strength... more about health and fitness on OpenLearn
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Friday, 20th April 2012
Last updated on: Wednesday, 15th May 2013
- Body text - Creative-Commons: The Open University
- Image '' - Copyright: The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'Bang Goes The Theory: Series 6, Episode 6' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The Bang Goes The Theory web team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - TV
- Latest pages tagged BBC One
- Latest pages tagged Bang Goes The Theory
- Latest comments on this page