Everybody can get involved in celebrating languages. Join us to celebrate this year's European Day of Languages (26 September), and test your knowledge of six different languages and cultures by participating in a 5-minute quiz.
To see a text-only version of this quiz, visit this page.
Did well? Why not take it further
- Learn with our free learning materials to brush up your knowledge of different languages
- Explore with the Hairy Bikers the culture of baking in eight European countries
- Feeling more confident? Why not see what's involved with studying languages at The Open University with this choice of courses?
- Get a taste of learning Chinese with this free app for iPhone or iPad of the first 20 characters
- Voiced by Clive Anderson, this entertaining animated romp through The History of English squeezes 1,600 years of history into 10 one-minute bites
- Find out how you can celebrate the European Day of Languages