OU on the BBC: The Hairy Bikers: Bakeation - France
Many people regard France as the home of gastronomy and Lyon the culinary capital of France so that's where the journey begins as Dave and Si explore the "bouchon" - a restaurant traditionally run by a female chef or "mere Lyonnaise".
As for their own efforts, they start with a tarte aux pralines and create a saussisson-stuffed brioche. After a quick stop to learn the secrets of teeth-pulling nougat in Montelimar, they go truffle-hunting for the famous white summer truffle which they use to make truffle-infused butter and brie.
En route, they also bake an apricot Tarte Tatin and a delectable Flan de St Jean de Minervois (like a crème caramel but made with lavender honey and desert wine). But it's not all baking on this trip. They also meet up with Dave's old flat mate, "French Pat" who he's not seen for 30 years and are inducted into the "Ancient Order of the Cassoulet" when they reach journey's end in Carcassonne.
The Hairy Bikers Bakeation: France is first show on BBC Two & BBC HD on Tuesday 24th April at 8.00pm. For further broadcast details, and to watch online where available, visit bbc.co.uk.
Find out more
Copyright & revisions
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'OU on the BBC: The Hairy Bikers: Bakeation - France' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by Hairy Bikers Bakeation web team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - TV
- Latest pages tagged France
- Latest pages tagged BBC Two
- Latest pages tagged The Hairy Bikers
- Latest pages tagged Bakeation
- Latest comments on this page