BBC Inside Science illuminates the mysteries and challenges the controversies behind the science that's changing our world.
- Growing fish oil substitutes in the greenhouse
- Differential interference contrast microscopy
- Andrew Luck-Baker reports from the Antarctic
- What melanin in fossils tells us about ancient environments
- Identifying time travellers with social media
Listen to Inside Science
Tune in to BBC Radio 4 on Thursday 9 January at 16:30 to listen to this week's programme. More information and a link to listen again will be available from the BBC's Inside Science pages.