In BBC Inside Science, Dr Adam Rutherford and guests illuminate the mysteries and challenge the controversies behind the science that's changing our world.
- Flooding: how can we flood proof our homes?
- Neanderthal DNA: listener's queries from last week
- Brain plasticity and the senses: improving hearing to compensate for vision loss
- Genes in space: a new game helps translate data on genetics of breast cancer
- Show us your instrument: a monitor check on the quality of sleep in premature babies.
Listen to Inside Science
Tune in to BBC Radio 4 on Thursday 6 February at 16:30 to listen to this week's programme. More information and a link to listen again later will be available from the BBC's Inside Science pages.