OU on the BBC: The Bottom Line - Rebranding capitalism and reaching your peak
The view from the top of business. Presented by Evan Davis, The Bottom Line cuts through confusion, statistics and spin to present a clearer view of the business world, through discussion with people running leading and emerging companies. The programme is a co-produc tion between The Open University and the BBC.
Evan and his panel debate the big issue of the moment: capitalism, its virtues and vices. Across the media it's associated with negative words like 'crisis' and 'crony'. So how would Evan's executive guests redesign and rebrand capitalism? They also discuss peaking - just when do you reach your prime in business?
Joining Evan in the studio are Keith Clarke, former Chief Executive and now Director of Sustainability at civil engineering and design consultancy Atkins; entrepreneur and investor Deborah Meaden; Heather Killen, co-founder of private equity and corporate finance advisory boutique Hemisphere Capital.
The Bottom Line is on BBC Radio 4 at 8.30pm on January 26th 2012. For listen again links and further broadcast details, visit bbc.co.uk.
Find out more
More Bottom Line
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Thursday, 26th January 2012
Last updated on: Thursday, 26th January 2012
- Body text - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'The Bottom Line studio' - Copyright: BBC
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'OU on the BBC: The Bottom Line - Rebranding capitalism and reaching your peak' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The OpenLearn team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - What's On
- Latest pages tagged BBC Radio 4
- Latest pages tagged The Bottom Line
- Latest comments on this page