In this new three-part series, psychologist Laverne Antrobus investigates the fascinating world of growing children as she focuses on three developmental conditions never far from the public agenda: autism, dyslexia and OCD.
Through interviews with experts in the fields and the families and children, Laverne will examine the possible causes of each condition, how they can best be treated, and what they tell us about so-called ‘normal’ development through childhood and beyond.
Below you can:
- Test your knowledge of OCD with our interactive quiz
- Watch an exclusive chat between Laverne Antrobus and Open University lecturer, Kieron Sheehy
- Learn more about these conditions with articles written by our experts
- Share your views using our comments area
- Learn with our free courses then take it a step further by studying at the Open University - for example, Child development which shows how psychological enquiry can help us to improve our understanding
- Find out about upcoming episodes
- Coming soon: Test your knowledge of dyslexia and OCD with our interactive quizzes
Growing Children will air every week on BBC Four from 9pm on Monday 13th August. For full broadcast details and to watch online where available, please visit bbc.co.uk.