The Crown Prosecution Service is often under scrutiny for its decision-making. Now for the very first time the CPS has allowed cameras in. Filmed over 18 months with prosecutors in Merseyside, Cheshire and the South East, including the Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders, this ground-breaking series The Prosecutors goes behind the scenes to reveal how our criminal justice system really works and what it takes to secure a conviction. Each episode focuses on a different part of the process, following prosecutions and those involved in the case from start to finish.
As series co-producer we've provided a wealth of content to help you learn more about the Crown Prosecution Service, justice and the law. You can:
- Play judge and jury with our interactive experience 'What's your verdict?'
- Find out what makes a good judge or barrister with these videos by experts in the field.
- Try one our great free courses on the law in England, Wales and Scotland.
- Take it further with The Open University and see our law modules and degrees.
- View episodes within the series and relevant free materials for topics raised in the programme.
The Prosecutors will be first broadcast on BBC4 on Wednesday 24th February at 9PM. Full broadcast details, and watch again links, can be found on bbc.co.uk