Unit 3: Exploring Learning
This unit is the second step in using learning to help you achieve your goals for change and development. This second step involves building on the evidence you gathered about yourself in Unit 2. In particular, you will be required to consider how other people can help you change.
There are two main aspects to this. The first is about involving other people so that you can get feedback and increase the depth of your self-understanding. The second aspect involves people who you meet only through what they have written. These people are academic writers who have suggested ways of thinking about learning that we hope you will find useful when thinking about your own skills and personal development.
Unit 3 Learning Outcomes
By the time you have reached the end of Unit 3, you should be able to:
- Use feedback from others to explore your qualities, skills, and knowledge from another perspective.
- Use academic theory to increase your understanding of your learning experiences and personal development.
- Reflect on the academic skills you have used and the knowledge that you have gained.
Studying Unit 3 will prepare you for the following Learning to Learn challenges:
You should familiarize yourself with the requirements of the challenge now. (Just click on the link above to visit the challenge page.)
Unit 3 also contains activities that are elements of:
- Challenge 7: The Qualities, Skills, and Knowledge Audit Challenge (Part 2).
- Challenge 8: The Reflection Challenge.