Taking my learning further
1 What have I learned?
We hope you found Caring for adults interesting and informative.
You may remember answering a few questions at the start of the course about your learning motivations. Now you’ve completed all or part of the course we’d like to ask you to reflect on your experience by completing one last short activity.
If you would like to review your responses to the first questionnaire at the start of the course you can do so by revisiting the Questionnaire about your learning (1).
Consider where you were when you first started this course.
- How did studying this course fit within your general everyday routine? Did you make or were you given dedicated time to work on it?
- Were there any particular challenges you faced? How did you overcome them?
- Have you learned anything that you will be able to take forwards in the future? How might this influence how you do things in the future?
By studying this course you should now be able to:
- describe the role and responsibilities of carers
- recognise some of the basic concepts that will enable a person-centred approach to care
- identify the different needs of a cared-for person, at different stages of their care
- understand the impact that caring may have upon carers, and how responses might be managed
- explain some of the legal responsibilities within the caring role.
- Taking my learning further Ebook (EPUB) 1.1MB
- Taking my learning further HTML Zip file 484.7KB
- Taking my learning further IMS Common Cartridge 484.9KB
- Taking my learning further Interactive ebook (EPUB) 1.1MB
- Taking my learning further Kindle ebook 191.3KB
- Taking my learning further OU XML Package 7.3KB
- Taking my learning further OU XML file 18.9KB
- Taking my learning further PDF version of web pages 3MB
- Taking my learning further RSS 29.2KB
- Taking my learning further SCORM 485.1KB
- Taking my learning further Word version (optimised for screen readers) 1.3MB
2 Badges and statement of participation