Inspired by the Timewatch programme on Gladiators, our community debated the finer points of fighting to the death.
My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Timewatch: Gladiators - debate
Clash of the titans...
This page has been archived and no longer updated. Please be aware that the information provided on this page may be out of date, or otherwise inaccurate due to the passage of time. For more detail, see our Archive and Deletion Policy.
Originally published: Friday, 11th May 2007
- Body text - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'Gladiator contest' - Copyright: Jupiter Images
- Image 'The Basilica of Maxentius in Rome' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'A big greasy slice of vegetarian pizza. ' - Pixabay under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Photograph of the engineer, Beatrice Shilling on her Norton racing motorcycle (1930s)' - Copyright: Fair Use
- Image 'Matthias Erzberger' - Bundesarchiv, picture 146-1989-072-16 / Curbs, Diethart / CC BY-SA 3.0 DE under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'Corbyn graffiti' - Copyright: Brendan Mulcahy on Flickr
- Image 'Vegan fruit basket' - By pasja1000 on pixababy.com under Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Commonwealth Day Flags' - Michael Garnett under Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 4.0 license
- Image 'Becoming a teenager booklet front cover' - The Open University under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license
- Image 'Robert and Jonathan' - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'Jonathan and Kathy building a pump' - Copyright: Production team
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'Timewatch: Gladiators - debate' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The Timewatch team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - Roman Empire
- Latest pages tagged - points for debate
- Latest pages tagged - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - gladiators
- Latest comments on this page
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?