Makes 600ml (1 pt)
- 2 large, ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 heaped tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 small pinch of cinnamon
- 250 ml (7 fl oz) milk
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!
Did you know?
Bananas can help cure a hangover.
Consuming alcohol causes dehydration and also depletes the body's store of potassium and magnesium. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium (over 450 mg per one banana serving) and also contain good amounts of magnesium. They are also rich in vitamin C which stimulates the liver to break down alcohol. On top of this they also contain antacid in a natural form to reduce heart burn, and carbohydrates to build up depleted sugar stores.
So to cure a hangover, eat a banana and drink 16 ounces of water.