- 8 oysters
- 1–2 shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- white balsamic vinegar
- Mix the shallots and vinegar together. The vinegar should just cover the shallots.
- Take a fresh oyster and flip it open with an oyster knife. Break it open at the hinge and work around the shell. If you haven’t got an oyster knife use a blunt knife. Discard the top shell leaving the oyster meat and any juices in the base shell. Then, using a knife, ‘dis-attach’ the oyster from the shell, making sure you leave nothing behind. Leave the oyster in the shell as eating it from the shell is half the fun.
- Take a teaspoon of the shallot and vinegar mix and put it onto the oyster.
- Pour the oyster from the shell into your mouth, chew once and throw it down the hatch! Oysters are best washed down with champagne.