- 4 medium sized red-skinned potatoes (Desiree or Roseval), washed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped parsley
- 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) lager
- 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) cider vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) caster sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the beer dressing. Heat 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the olive oil in a small pan and gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened but not catching colour. Add the lager, cider vinegar and sugar and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes. Pour this mixture into a food processor and add the mustard and seasoning. With the motor running, slowly pour in the remaining oil to give a fairly thick dressing.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 cm (1/4”) wide rounds, being careful not to break the skin too much. While the potatoes are still warm, gently mix them with the beer dressing, red onions and parsley being careful not to break them up too much. Check seasoning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.