My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Key skill assessment unit: Working with others
Working effectively with other people in a group or a team is a skill valued highly by community and educational organisations, as well as employers. Working in a group is about communicating effectively, contributing ideas, listening and receiving feedback, and leading or following as appropriate. Developing your skills means thinking about and planning the tasks the group needs to do, negotiating with others to develop shared goals and purpose, collaborating to achieve agreed results and then reviewing the approach. In this free course, Key skill assessment unit: Working with others, you will learn to use and adapt your skills confidently and effectively in different situations and contexts.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- demonstrate a strategy for using skills in problem solving over an extended period of time
- monitor progress and adapt the strategy as necessary, to achieve the quality of outcomes required when tackling a complex problem
- evaluate this overall strategy and present the outcomes from the work using a variety or methods.
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 About working with others
- 2 Sources of help
- 3 Key skills assessment courses
- 4 Structure of the assessment courses
- 5 Becoming an effective team member
- 6 What you should present
- 7 Part A: Evidencing skills to develop a strategy, monitor progress and evaluate performance
- 8 Part B: Evidencing your teamworking skills
- 9 Notes to help you complete your portfolio
- Keep on learning
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
Creative commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence.
However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions and our FAQs.
Full copyright details can be found in the Acknowledgements section of each week.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has nearly 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
About this free course
50 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.